AMD Ryzen Threadripper Cooler Compatibility List Posted Ahead Of August 10th Launch
In the meantime, AMD has posted a full list of coolers that are compatible with the new processors. As you may already know, Ryzen Threadripper uses a new 4094-pin TR4 socket and new AMD X399-based motherboards. As you might expect with processors that have a maximum TDP of 180W, AMD is recommending that you go with a premium liquid cooling system for Ryzen Threadripper.
Here’s a current list of all of the closed-loop liquid cooling (CLC) solutions that are compatible with Ryzen Threadripper:
We’ve picked out one from each manufacturer, which you can find on Amazon:
- Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
- Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240
- Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2
- EVGA CLC 280
- Fractal Design Celsius S24
- NZXT Kraken X52
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate
AMD says that it is including a free mounting bracket in the box with each Ryzen Threadripper processor that will ensure compatibility with all of the above coolers. In addition, there will be additional coolers available which do not make use of this bracket. AMD says that these coolers will be added to the official recommended list “over time”.
The Ryzen Threadripper family will initially consist of the three SKUs listed below:
- Ryzen Threadripper 1900X: 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 3.8/4.0 GHz (Base Clock/Precision Boost)
- Ryzen Threadripper 1920X: 12 Cores, 24 Threads, 3.5/4.0 GHz (Base Clock/Precision Boost)
- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X: 16 Cores, 32 Threads, 3.4/4.0 GHz (Base Clock/Precision Boost)
The Ryzen Threadripper 1900X, 1920X and 1950X are priced at $549, $799 and $999 respectively. The Ryzen 1920X and 1950X went up for pre-order on July 31 and will begin shipping August 10. The Ryzen Threadripper 1900X will be available on August 31.
As for AMD’s other big hardware launch, Radeon RX Vega arrives August 14.