BFG Launches Phobos Line of Enthusiast Desktops
STUNNING NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE GAMING/HOME THEATER SYSTEM
Phobos features innovative touch panel LCD with Performance Control, upcoming BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards, Liquid Cooling Solutions from CooIIT, and Intel Core i7 Processors
Lake Forest, IL – January 5, 2009 – BFG Technologies, known as a leading supplier of premium power supplies and 3D graphics cards, is excited to announce its first line of complete gaming and multimedia PCs, called Phobos. These sleek hand-built, high performance machines were designed with the “Graduated Gamer” in mind. This audience is looking for all the performance associated with a high-end gaming system, but none of the hassle related to building and servicing such a system. As a result, Phobos is sold with complementary Concierge Service which includes expert in-home installation and a six month follow up maintenance visit.
Phobos is designed with the highest-end components available, featuring the Intel® Core i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz Processor, two upcoming BFG NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards, and CoolIt® Contained Liquid Cooling Solutions to keep both the GPUs & CPU cool during the fiercest of gaming battles. BFG Tech also outfitted Phobos to serve as a home theater command center by choosing Windows® Vista Ultimate with Media Center, including four hard drive bays, offering RF remote and TV tuner with DVR functionality, a front slot-loading Blu-ray Disc® drive, the option for 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio cards, and an integrated iPod®/iPhone® syncing dock.
FULL SPECS BELOW
Phobos is as impressive externally as it is internally, offering Refined Aesthetics and an innovative design. Its sleek black gloss finish and hidden cable management makes Phobos look at home in the living room, next to a flat panel TV and high end audio components. BFG Tech’s ground breaking touch panel LCD with performance control further sets Phobos apart from every other system in its class. The panel provides users with a System Status Overview—a real time snapshot of the processor, memory, network, and storage data. Phobos owners can also make real-time performance adjustments based on desired use (Auto/Quiet/Max), monitor the capacity and health of internal storage devices, display and control audio and video files, and more.
Phobos™ System Specs
Phobos has three conveniently pre-configured high-performance systems that can be used as a starting point:
- Phobos Performance (from $3,000)
- Phobos Advanced (from $5,000)
- Phobos Elite (from $8,000)
Please visit www.bfgsystems.com after January 8, 2009 to see what specific options are available in each version.
‘PHOBOS ELITE’ STANDARD CONFIGURATION*
- Upcoming BFG NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards (x2 for Quad SLI®)
- BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 for Dedicated PhysX™ Processing
- Intel® Core i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz Processor
- CoolIt® Contained Liquid Cooling Solution (GPU&CPU)
- MSI® Eclipse SLI Intel® X58-based Motherboard
- Patriot® 6GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
- 4x Western Digital® VelociRaptor 300GB Hard Drives
- Slot Loading Blu-ray® Super Multi Optical Drive
- BFG LS-1200 1200W High Efficiency Power Supply
- Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Sound Card
- Integrated iPhone®/iPod® syncing dock
- Unique 8” Interactive Touch Panel LCD
- In-Home Set Up Included with Every Phobos Purchase
*Based on current configuration at the time of printing. Specifications and available options subject to change.