Dell Adds 12 Hour Battery Life, New Intel CPUs To Vostro 3000 Notebooks
Available in 13-, 14-, 15- and 17-inch forms, the revised Vostro 3000 line uses Intel's newest Sandy Bridge CPUs, SRS Premium Voice Pro software and a full HD webcam on the 14-, 15- and 17-inch models. These units also offer a chiclet keyboard, durable aluminum finish and choice of three premium colors – Aberdeen Silver, Lucerne Red and Brisbane Bronze. There's Skype pre-installed, USB 3.0, built-in fingerprint reader, and rather reasonable prices. They range from $499-$599 in terms of starting price, and the new 3000 line will go on sale in the U.S. starting March 22.
Small Businesses Collaborate In Style with New Vostro 3000 Series
* Durable, feature-packed laptops deliver premium design and more than 12 hours of battery life1 option on select models
* First small-business laptops to feature SRS Premium Voice Pro for the ultimate in virtual collaboration
Knowing today’s growing businesses require real-time information exchange and connectivity without compromise, Dell today unveiled its Vostro 3000 series laptops with 12 hours of battery life1 on select models and cutting-edge virtual collaboration solutions.
Available in 13-, 14-, 15- and 17-inch forms and styled with image-conscious entrepreneurs and mobile professionals in mind, the Dell Vostro 3000 Series packs the latest Intel® 2nd generation Core™ I Series processors into a sleek design without compromising battery life. For those that demand the ultimate in collaboration, the Vostro 3000 is the first small-business laptop to feature voice enhancing technology SRS Premium Voice Pro software. A full HD webcam offered with the 14-, 15- and 17-inch laptops enables lifelike interactions with coworkers and customers, while a digital array mic helps reduce ambient noise, giving small businesses a superb virtual collaboration solution that’s fast and clear.
“Whether you are pitching, analyzing, partnering or managing, the new Vostro 3000 series is designed to keep you collaborating with colleagues, partners and clients,” said Sam Burd, vice president Dell’s Consumer & SMB Product Group. “With the latest Vostro collaboration enhancements, entrepreneurs have a sleek, capable technology tool that helps them impress no matter the size of their business or technology budget.”
The new Vostro 3000 laptops offer the following:
* Stylish and durable: A chiclet keyboard, durable aluminum finish and choice of three premium colors – Aberdeen Silver, Lucerne Red and Brisbane Bronze
* Enhanced collaboration: Pre-installed Skype and the ability to launch any VoIP or video conferencing application via one customizable dashboard button
* Top-notch security options: Back up your business data 10 times faster with super speed USB 3.0, standard built-in finger-print reader and Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security
* Increased productivity: Intel® 2nd generation Core™ I Series processors, switchable graphics, DDR3, USB 3.0, BT 3.0
* ProSupport to Simplify IT: Businesses can choose their own level of 24x7 IT support with optional Dell ProSupport2 services
“In this age of 24x7 communications, it is critical for small and mid-sized businesses to connect with their clients and employees regardless of location or time zone,” said Sanjeev Aggarwal, Principal and Founder, SMB Group. “Small businesses are ready for the kinds of collaboration capabilities Dell is introducing in the Vostro 3000 series to get them to the next level of productivity.”
Vostro 3000 Series - Pricing and Availability
The new Vostro 3000 series will be available in the U.S. on Dell.com on starting on March 22.
* 13-inch 3350 SAPP - $599
* 14-inch 3450 SAPP - $499
* 15-inch 3550 SAPP - $499
* 17-inch 3750 SAPP - $549
Prices, models and availability vary by geographic region.