Dell Reveals Latitude E6420 XFR And ATG E6420 Rugged Notebooks
The new solutions include the Latitude E6420 XFR and semi-rugged Latitude E6420 ATG are designed to work in the toughest environments, with these guys hardened by BallisticArmor. Furthermore, the solutions are created to address specific customer issues with integration of additional IT features. For example, the Dell Mobile Video Evidence Management for public safety professionals allows a secure, end-to-end solution for mobile video capture, transmission, storage and retrieval. Dell’s Mobile Digital Forensics solution allows for on-site investigation of any USB enabled digital storage device using one piece of technology. Dell is also partnering with Crystal Group Inc. to provide rugged servers. Each provide military and public safety customers more capable and powerful solutions that offer customers the ability to collect and analyze important evidence and intelligence while in the field.
These are up for order right now for those interested.
Latitude E6420 XFR and ATG E6420
Mobile Video Evidence Management
- Increased performance driven by Intel Core i7/i5/i3 integrated or 512MB discrete graphics
- Sunlight-readable, impact-resistant 14.0” wide-aspect LCD with Direct Vue on the XFR and 14.0” HD WLED Resistive Touchscreen on the ATG that allow each to be responsive even with gloves
- Increased battery life and options including 6 cell battery and a 12 cell slice on XFR and a six or nine cell option and E-slice on ATG - both have optional hot-swappable media bay battery.
- Latitude E6420 XFR passes a 6 foot MIL-STD transit drop on a single unit that has also been subjected to a full round of 4 and 5 foot drops for a total of 78 drops1.
Mobile Digital Forensics
- Pre-imaged video capture software available on Dell rugged laptops including the Latitude E6400 XFR, XT2 XFR and ATG models
- Image stabilized in-cab video cameras (up to four) with up to 26X zoom, redundant video stream capture
- The integrity of evidence is protected from point of capture, to the data repository and ultimately the courtroom.
- By capturing information in a digital format, physical storage requirements and related costs are reduced, and professionals can directly upload evidence wirelessly from a patrol vehicle to a central evidence repository saving time and increasing efficiency
Rugged Server Equipment:
- Built to expand on Dell’s original Digital Forensics solution for parallel processing of digital evidence
- Automatically and securely examines data stored in PCs, laptops and mobile phones (including MAC OS and Linux), both volatile memory and hard drives, USB sticks and other external memory devices, and satellite navigation systems
- Analyzes and reviews live and deleted files in all image, movie and Microsoft Office file formats as well as internet activity, email, internet chat and online search terms
- Ruggedized to meet MIL_STD-810 environments
- Shock/vibe, temperature, and sand/dust/immersion protected
- 2.53 GHz T9400 Intel Penryn CPU with a 4 MB cache
- Superior cooling with high-speed, high-volume, thermostatically controlled fans that offer maximum airflow and are designed for extended and extreme use