EUROCOM Introduces 17" And 18.4" Panther Mobile Workstation
This mobile workstation is designed to chew through the most difficult of rendering tasks, enabling creative professionals to have a serious desktop replacement that can handle the demands they place on machines. Users can also choose an Intel Core i7 processor if you're more mainstream, along with up to 24GB of RAM, a 64-bit architecture, 17" or 18.4" displays (WUXGA or Full HD), Gigabit Ethernet, ExpressCard slot, an optional Blu-ray drive , DVI/HDMI ports, Wi-Fi and loads of USB and other ports.
This new workstation is available to be customized now, though base prices aren't being made public yet.
Eurocom adds Intel Xeon 5600 series and nVidia Quadro FX 3800M to its line of Mobile Workstations
Workstation-class spec in a notebook form factor! Now with Intel Xeon 5600 series and Quadro FX 3800M
Definition of a Mobile Workstation
Mobile Workstation is a new category of notebooks designed to replace a desktop-based workstation for professional users. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and portability, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop Replacement notebook technology.
With the release of mobile workstations, Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with desktop replacement technology. Eurocom Mobile Workstation line encompasses some of the fastest notebook PCs on the market.
With the wide adoption of 64-bit operating systems, combined with new 64-bit applications, professional workflow can now scale easily beyond 4 gigabytes of memory. With the Mobile Workstation line offering up to 12 gigabytes of memory now, with up to 24 gigabytes, creative professionals can enjoy a level of performance never before seen on a mobile platform.
Featuring the most innovative computer technologies, Eurocom Mobile Workstations are engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and serviceability. As a single computing solution, the Mobile Workstation provides a perfect alternative to a traditional workstation class desktop computer system.
EUROCOM Mobile Workstations
EUROCOM mobile workstations are designed specifically for creative and business professionals demanding maximum performance and portability.
Key Benefits of Mobile Workstations
- Reduced IT Management costs (one piece of equipment to move around)
- Improved Productivity (anytime, anywhere)
- Increased Revenue Growth (allows introduction of new services On-The-Go, i.e. Mobile Engineering, Mobile Training, Mobile Software Development)
- Improved reliability of data (internal battery = built-in UPS; RAID 10 for data redundancy)
- Reduced equipment and software costs (single computer solution)
- Reduced litigation costs due to intellectual properties rights (out-of-the office consulting)
Specific Target Markets:
- Education (Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Animation, Video Production; GIS)
- Forensic (i.e. FBI)
- Governments (Department of Fisheries and Oceans; Army; Navy; Public Works/Engineering; GIS)
- Military (Mapping, Charting, Imaging, Navigation, Simulation)
- Medical (Imaging)
- Software Development (Databases, CRM, Operating)
- Network Management (Server on-the go; network auditing, load management)
Mobile workstations feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance Processors: 6-core Intel i7 i7-980X Extreme or XEON 5600 series processors with 12MB of L3 cache
- Upgradeable graphics processor technology based on MXM 3.0b; from nVidia Quadro FX 2800 or FX3800 with DVI Dual Link support
- 64-bit hardware and multiple operating systems support (Windows 7, Windows Pro 64, Server2008R2, Red Hat, Solaris)
- Up to 24 GB of high performance DDR3-1333 triple- channel memory,
- up to 3TB of storage with multiple (up to 4) high performance hard drives or Solid State Drives (MLC or SLC depending on performance required)
- RAID 0/1/5/10 for enhanced performance, and/or redundancy
- High performance graphics processors including support for NVIDIA's SLI technology
- Large displays (17" or 18.4") WUXGA 1920x1200 or Full HD 1920 x 1080
- Blu Ray and DVD Burning-on the-Go
- 1 Gigabit LAN on-board and support for 2nd 1Gigabit LAN or Fiber interface via ExpressCard slot
- 102-key desktop-like full size keyboards with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 4 or 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire ports, serial and parallel ports, DVI/HDMI ports for multiple external monitors, media card readers, Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers, e-SATA for high speed external storage.
- Excellent Wireless: internal up to 450Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
- Excellent mechanical design for long term operation
- Easy access for future upgrades
Full Upgrade Ability and Full Customization
EUROCOM mobile workstations are built on a customized basis so that users can select the individual components they require. All EUROCOM mobile workstations are fully upgradeable including Hard Drive(s), memory, optical drives, processors and graphics to prolong their lifespan.
Overview of EUROCOM Mobile Workstation Models
Each EUROCOM Mobile Workstation is unique in terms of its form factor, function and capability. Models, such as 17.1inch D900F Panther and 18.4inch X8100 Leopard, feature huge displays, high performance processors and multiple storage drives, making them perfect for users in need of maximum performance.
Models such as the 15.6inch W860CU Cougar, 17.3inch W870CU Cheetah are based on mobile processors, minimizing their size and weight, making them perfect for users who need a more portable solution without sacrificing performance.
EUROCOM D900F Panther
With a powerful Intel 6-core i7 or XEON 5600 series Processor with 12MB of cache and the advanced desktop-grade X58 chipset, the D900F Panther Mobile Workstation system eliminates the limitations and bottlenecks of the traditional notebook - opening up a wealth of possibilities for 2D and 3D designers, video and audio producers, scientists, engineers, researchers, game developers and players.
Because the Panther utilizes a standard LGA1366 desktop or server CPU, it is very simple for end users to upgrade the CPU in the future, at a considerably lower cost than a mobile CPU solution.
By utilizing the X58 chipset, the Panther integrates a high-speed, high-capacity triple-channel memory subsystem with DDR3-1333 support giving the Panther the highest-bandwidth memory configuration available in a notebook.
The D900F Panther model features the most powerful mobile graphics solutions available on the market, including a full selection of top of the line NVIDIA Quadro and Geforce cards, including the soon-to-be-released GTX480m with 2 gigabytes of GDDR5 memory. In addition the D900F supports up to four SATA-300 hard drives or solid state drives with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support, Blu Ray Burner and DVI Dual Link port, and a full-size 102-key keyboard with a separate numeric keypad.
NVIDIA Quadro® GPUs are robust, high-performance workstation solutions for the professional user. Whether you're a designer developing the latest automobile, a 3D artist working on the next blockbuster film, or a financial trader on Wall Street, NVIDIA workstation class GPU solutions deliver unmatched power and performance. NVIDIA Quadro products are fully certified for all professional workstation applications, and are ideal for CAD (computer-aided design), CAE (computer-aided engineering), DCC (digital content creation), visualization, and corporate markets
Offering a 17-inch WUXGA 1920 x 1200 pixel glossy or matte display, the D900F is able to display high resolution content natively, allowing creative professionals to easily preview and edit 1080p video or view high-detail 3D models. This resolution offers maximum sharpness and precision for all applications.
EUROCOM X8100 Leopard
Features a spectacular 18.4-inch Widescreen Full HD 1920-by-1080 pixels resolution display with a 16:9 aspect ratio, one of the largest ever built into a notebook form factor. The 290-nits brightness ensures that even in direct sunlight the display remains clear and easy to see. The X8100 is powered the by Intel PM55 chipset and by the fastest 64-bit Mobile Intel i7 Core Extreme processor with NVIDIA's SLI (Scalable Link Interface) upgradeable Video Technology allowing the simultaneous use of up to two Nvidia GeForce GTX 285M, Quadro FX 2800M or Quadro FX 3800M GPUs.
NVIDIA Quadro® GPUs are robust, high-performance workstation solutions for the professional user. Whether you're a designer developing the latest automobile, a 3D artist working on the next blockbuster film, or a financial trader on Wall Street, NVIDIA workstation class GPU solution deliver unmatched power and performance. NVIDIA Quadro products are fully certified for all professional workstation applications, and are ideal for the CAD (computer-aided design), CAE (computer-aided engineering), DCC (digital content creation), visualization, and corporate markets.
EUROCOM X8100 Leopard comes equipped with 7-in-1 media card reader, built-in 2 Megapixel Webcam for video conferencing, SRS WOW Surround Sound System, Wireless 450Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, 1 Gigabit Ethernet on-board, 4 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, DVI, eSATA, HDMI in and out, S/PDIF and finally full-size 102-key keyboard with a separate numeric keypad, so there is no need for external keyboard.
EUROCOM W870CU Cheetah
EUROCOM W870CU Cheetah delivers excellent performance in 2D and 3D graphics, video editing, and music encoding. The Cheetah supports 1333Mhz DDR3, 16x PCI Express, SATA-300 hard drives or SSDs, and MXM 3.0b upgradeable graphics cards.
With a full range of high performance Nvidia Geforce and Quadro graphics cards, as well as ATI's Mobility Radeon HD5870, the Cheetah has a graphics option for every power user and professional imaginable.
Sporting a 17.3-inch widescreen display (Full HD 1920-by-1080 pixels resolution) with Clear Glossy Surface; 16:9 Aspect Ratio, up to 16GB of superfast DDR3-1333 memory, Blu Ray or DVD Burner Optical Drive, built-in 2M webcam for video conferencing the EUROCOM W870CU Cheetah is a robust, high-performance mobile workstation solution for the professional user on the move.
EUROCOM W860CU Cougar
EUROCOM W860CU Cougar delivers excellent performance in 2D and 3D graphics, video editing, and music encoding. It has a front side bus and memory that, at 1333MHz, 16x PCI Express, SATA-300 hard drives or SSD and upgradeable Eurocom VGA Technology with Nvidia GeForce GTX 285M, GTS 360M, Nvidia Quadro FX2800M with Open GL or ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870 delivers super fast graphics performance.
Sporting a 15.6-inch widescreen display (Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution) with Clear Glossy Surface or an optional 3D ready 1366x768 120hz display with an nVidia 3D Vision kit; 16:9 Aspect Ratio, up to 16GB of superfast DDR3-1333 memory, Blu Ray or DVD Burner Optical Drive, built-in 2M webcam for video conferencing the EUROCOM W860CU Cougar is a robust, high-performance mobile workstation solution for the professional user on the move
Mobile Workstations as alternative to workstation class desktop computers
Today, professionals using workstations are limited to working with large, expensive systems that are complicated to operate, have fixed work locations, a lack of portability, and the need to work on and maintain at least two computer systems, one in the office and one for mobile use, resulting in high operating costs ($6000 USD per system in yearly cost of support). They are unable to work outside of the office due to lack of sufficient power and flexibility that traditional notebooks provide.
With a Mobile Workstation, design professionals, producers, engineers, architects, programmers, animators, film editors and special effects gurus will longer be limited by having to work on multiple computer systems. Now, they can practice their craft anywhere they see fit, equipped with a portable single computer solution capable of running all manner of professional software. A growing section of outsource professionals, and freelance workers, especially in the finance and accounting market, need to be mobile while ensuring a high degree of productivity from their equipment.
Gamers are looking more and more at mobile workstations that allow them to come together at LAN parties and compete en-masse for prizes and pride. Hardware customization is an important factor for all gamers and Eurocom mobile workstations have found much success with this group already.
A EUROCOM mobile workstation provides a better Return on Investment than a traditional workstation class desktop computer due to numerous benefits of portable high-end computing technology:
- users get a complete single computer unit with integrated LCD display and built-in UPS Uninterrupted Power Supply (no big and heavy cpu tower to connect to a monitor and configure, no messy bundle of cables on desk)
- When considering workstation class desktop computer replacement users have options:
- to stay with traditional desktop-based computers
- to get notebooks for some PC projects
- Most computer purchasers still think of a desktop-based PC as a main computer workstation and consider adding a laptop/notebook for any mobile computing needs. A mobile workstation saves users money by replacing two computer systems (desktop and notebook) with just one complete computer solution that is fully upgradeable and fully configurable yet portable. Users purchase only one computer instead of two.
EUROCOM mobile workstations are ideal systems for corporate customers who used to buy workstation class desktop computers and notebooks, but who now do not want to exceed their IT budget buying both.
- Users can upgrade aging desktop PCs to the latest in portable computer technology and:
- lower IT management cost,
- reduce energy consumption and cost,
- prolong the lifespan of new equipment through future expandability of fully upgradeable and configurable mobile workstations. An average computer today has a life span of eighteen months, while EUROCOM systems offer a much longer life thanks to upgrade ability of motherboards, memory, hard drive, optical drives and graphics.
When planning computer purchases, forward-thinking IT managers and buyers should consider migrating to more innovative mobile workstation technology, which offers a perfect alternative to existing workstation class desktop computer hardware. Fully upgradeable and configurable mobile workstations provide much higher Return on Investment, help reduce power consumption and allow workers to become mobile by taking their work outside of office or on the road when necessary.
Eurocom Corporation: Eurocom Corporation is a leading innovator in the notebook industry since 1986. The company has produced many firsts, such as manufacturing the first notebook with a 64-bit, SLI technology, RAID 10, Xeon, 20-inch LCD panel and a full-size, 102-key, keyboard. For more information please visit www.eurocom.com