Fallout 4 Far Harbor Performance Issues On PS4 Can Be Fixed By Re-Downloading DLC
The issue was particularly prevalent with consoles, especially the PS4. The framerates would actually drop to 15fps in some of the worst areas. Although the unusual solution does fix the problem, some have complained that the lack of fog takes away from the experience of the DLC. The fog is actually a plot line in the Far Harbor DLC. The island was taken over by a radioactive fog and the dangerous creatures that hide within the fog. The only settlements that survived developed fog collectors that made the air breathable. Players are asked to figure out who released the toxic fog and why. Less fog means an overall less spooky environment. The following video provides a before-and-after.
Bethesda recommends the following steps to fix the fog glitch:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
- If for any reason these steps do not work, you can delete Fallout 4 (and all add-on content) and simply reinstall the game (and add-ons from scratch).