Iomega's 4-Bay StorCenter Pro ix4-200r NAS
The new ix4-200r NAS offers an array of business-focused features that make it an advanced, innovative and easy-to-use network storage rackmount unit. The features include:
* State of the Art Hardware: The ix4-200r contains 4 disk drive bays, a 3.2 GHz Intel Celeron processor, 1GB system memory and one Gigabit Ethernet connection in a 1U (1.75 inch) high chassis that is mountable in NEMA-standard 19-inch racks. The ix4-200r ships with disk drives fully populated, for a total capacity of 2TB or 4TB.
* iSCSI Support: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for database, email and backup application performance. This feature also allows host-based operating systems and virtualization software to use the full capabilities of their native file systems, such as enabling VMFS for VMware utilization.
* VMware® Ready Certification: The ix4-200r is certified as both NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage VMware ESX server 3. The ix4-200r is the only product in its class to carry VMware Ready Certification, and enables SMBs to affordably take advantage of the tremendous benefits and advanced features offered by shared storage in a VMware environment.
* Remote Access: Set up remote access and remotely manage and access data from your ix4-200r.
* RAID Support: The ix4-200r is pre-configured for RAID 5 but also offers the alternatives of RAID 10 (both with automatic rebuild), as well as single volume storage (JBOD).
* Multiple Network Protocols: The ix4-200r works in Windows, Linux and MAC environments with network protocol support including CIFS/SMB/Rally, NFS, and AFP/Bonjour. The ix4-200r also supports advanced protocols such as HTTP, FTP and SNMP.
* Windows® Active Directory Support (ADS): The ix4-200r functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain.
* UPS Support: Uninterruptible power supply enables unattended system shutdown without data loss in the case of power failure.
* Expandability and versatility: Add storage capability by connecting external USB hard drives via three USB 2.0 ports. On expansion storage, the ix4 supports read and write on various formats, including Fat32, NTFS or ext2/ext3 formatted hard disks (read only on external HFS+ formatted drives).
* Video Surveillance: Supports up to four Axis® Network video cameras, for real-time monitoring and video capture directly to the ix4-200r, dependent upon system workload and network conditions.
* Print Server: Supports intelligent print sharing capability for up to three USB printers directly connected to the ix4-200r.
* Advanced Media Support: Includes UPnP™ support through an integrated DLNA™ certified media server. The ix4-200r includes an iTunes server and also supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) via one of three USB 2.0 ports, as well as Bluetooth® uploads from a cell phone, pocket PC or Blackberry® phone.