Is That 54 DVDs In Your Pocket Or A Flash Drive?
Kingston Technology Europe has come out with a 256GB USB flash drive, which can hold a LOT of stuff. How much? Try 51,000 images. Or how about 365 CDs (one for every day of the year)? A database of documents that, if printed out and piled up, would reach 1 kilometer high? Or, of course, the aforementioned 54 DVDs, though one might suppose that would depend on what kind of movies were on those DVDs: three-hour epics such as Ben-Hur or Gone with the Wind versus, say, the 97-minute Weekend At Bernie's.
- Capacity — 256 GB
- Speed — Data transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec. read and 10 MB/sec. write
- Safeguarded — includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
- Convenient — does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
- Dimensions — 2.78” x 0.67” x 0.87” (70.68 mm x 16.90 mm x 21.99 mm)
- Operating Temperature — 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
- Storage Temperature — -4° to 185° F (-20° to 85° C)
- Simple — just plug into a USB port
- Practical — durable, capless design
- Guaranteed — five-year warranty
- Enhanced — for Windows ReadyBoost™ on Vista-based systems
They're made on an order-only basis, but can be purchased through Kingston resellers and e-tailers (list of places to purchase them are on Kingston's site).