Upcoming Kindle Update Integrates Facebook, Twitter
Kindle owners will be able to post book passages with friends on Facebook directly from their ebook reader, which will come in handy when you run across a witty quote or inspirational tidbit you feel compelled to share with your friends and followers. But the emphasis isn't only on social networking. Version 2.5 will also introduce the following:
- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
- PDF Pan and Zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
- Password Protection: Password protect your Kindle when you're not using it.
- More Fonts and Improved Clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience.
- Popular Highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you're reading.
Do you own a Nook? Which one of these updates are you most excited about? Could you see yourself using the social networking features?