AMD Launches New Phenom II and Athlon II Processors
Introduction and Specifications
- 3.0GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) Phenom II X6 1075T - $245
- 3.5GHz Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition - $185
- 3.3GHz Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition - $105
- 3.1GHz Athlon II X4 645 - $122
- 3.2GHz Athlon II X3 450 - $87
- 3.3GHz - Athlon II X2 265 - $76
As its name suggests, the Phenom II X6 1075T drops in between AMD’s existing 1055T and 1090T six-core offerings, but the rest of the processors all represent the highest clocked models in their respective product families. Please note, however, that pricing for some models does not change much from the previous flagships in each product family. Due to AMD’s recent price cuts, these new chips are slightly more expensive than the previous offerings, but they're being introduced at essentially the same price points.
We decided to take a look at AMD's latest six-core and higher-end quad-cores in both the Phenom II and Athlon II flavors. The full specifications for each of the processors are listed below and performance for each of the new chips is detailed on the pages ahead...
Behold, The Phenom II Sandwich...
All of the new processors being launched today are based on existing CPU cores—they only differ in their frequencies and model numbers. As such, we won’t be detailing their respective architectures again here. We would, however, recommend checking out these recent HotHardware articles for the full breakdown of each processor family and their respective features:
- AMD Athlon II X4 Debut: Enter The $99 Quad-Core
- AMD Athlon II X4 640: 4-Cores On The Cheap
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 6-Core Processor Review
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition CPU Review
- AMD Launches 125W Phenom II X4 965 CPU