ASTRO Gaming Reveals A40 2011 Edition Gaming Headset
The new A40 2011 has 40mm tuned drivers, a new microphone that is said to pick up details more clearly, enhanced audio/comfort, a Quick Disconnect cabling system, and a Multi-Platform system that enables these to work with all of the major gaming consoles as well as PC. What's even better is that ASTRO will soon give existing A40 owners the ability to upgrade their own devices, with a future "Tournament Upgrade Kit" delivering new ear pads and a new microphone. These new cans are available today from the company's website for $199.95.
ASTRO GAMING ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE A40 2011 EDITION
ASTRO Gaming’s Industry-Leading Pro Gaming Headset Improved for 2011
Based on Feedback from Major League Gaming
SAN FRANCISCO – January 18, 2011 – ASTRO Gaming has released the 2011 Edition of their award-winning A40 Gaming Headset in the classic white and black colors. As the official licensed headset of Major League Gaming (MLG), the world’s largest professional video game league and largest provider of cross platform online videogame competition, for the past three seasons, the ASTRO team listened to the pro players and added new features they’ve been asking for. Still sporting 40mm drivers tuned with ASTRO Audio, the A40 2011 Edition will deliver every detail of your gaming, movie, or music experience. The ASTRO A40 2011 Edition Gaming Headset, part of the award-winning ASTRO A40 Audio System, lets you game like a pro more than ever before.
· New and Improved Microphone – When you’re on the MLG main stage with thousands of dollars on the line, you need your mic to stay put to hear your teammates clearly while blocking out the roaring crowds (or your roommates snoring at home). The A40 2011 Edition features a new and improved microphone that picks up your voice flawlessly, filters out the cheering fans and stays exactly where you place it.
· Enhanced Audio and Comfort – Already boasting the most comfortable ear cushions available in a gaming headset, we set out to block more outside noise and deliver more bass without losing the richly detailed positional audio the A40s are known for. After numerous tests with MLG pros during the heat of the 2010 season, the new A40 2011 ear cushions sound better than ever, sealing you off from outside distractions and adding a little more boom to your explosions.
· Signature ASTRO Construction – The A40 has set the standard for quality and performance since its introduction in 2008. The 2011 Edition continues this tradition of excellence with unsurpassed durability, flexibility, adjustability and of course our exclusive Quick Disconnect cabling system.
· Multi-Platform Solution – Like all ASTRO headsets, the A40 2011 Edition enriches your audio experience no matter what console you game on or which audio devices you use. For the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, simply pair your A40’s with our wired MixAmp™ or wireless MixAmp™ 5.8 for a complete console solution. The A40, MixAmp™ and MixAmp™ 5.8 are also perfect for your PC, Mac, iPhone, Smartphone, iPad or anything else with a standard headphone jack.
· Upgrade Your Current A40s – If you already own an A40 Headset, never fear. ASTRO will soon be releasing a tournament upgrade kit consisting of new ear pads and a new microphone, enabling all A40 owners to take advantage of the latest enhancements to the A40 product line.
The ASTRO A40 2011 Edition Gaming Headset is available now from ASTRO’s website at www.ASTROgaming.com. ASTRO recommends pairing your A40’s with either our original wired MixAmp™ or wireless MixAmp 5.8 for full Dolby® 7.1 decoding and the best surround sound gaming experience on the planet.
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, leagues, gaming enthusiasts and their lifestyles. Spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Microsoft Xbox 360™, Alienware PCs, and HP’s Gaming PCs, ASTRO Gaming produces a line of gamer-centric "tech-life" products, supporting this rapidly growing community. ASTRO Gaming’s product line includes the A40 Audio System, the Official Licensed Headset of Major League Gaming, the A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, and the Transport Series of gaming gear bags.