Fallout 4 Mod Support Arrives For Sony PS4, But Fewer Than 300 Mods Available
"Sony has informed us they not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition," Bethesda stated a in September. "Like you, we are disappointed by Sony's decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available."
This Clear Weather mod ensures only clear skies in the Commonwealth, Far Harbor, and Nuka World.
In any event, here we are. Mods are now available to download for the PS4, and while there are less than 300 available at the time of this writing, that number is steadily growing. In order to use them, gamers need to apply the latest patch, version 1.8. It adds support for mods on PS4 along with a handful of bug fixes, including:
- General optimizations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out