NVIDIA Allegedly Prepping Mobile GeForce Turing SUPER Refresh For Q1 2020
AMD announced its Navi-based Radeon RX 5500M GPUs for notebooks back in early October, and it's expected that there will be RX 5700M and RX 5300M offerings flanking it. To counter the threat from AMD, NVIDIA's SUPER refresh on the mobility side is expected to keep it in the driver's seat with respect to performance.
- N18E-G3R -- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080M SUPER (8GB of GDDR6)
- N18E-G2R -- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070M SUPER (8GB of GDDR6)
- N18E-G1R -- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060M SUPER (8GB of GDDR6)
- N18P-G62 -- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660M SUPER (4GB of GDDR6)
- N18P-G61 -- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650M SUPER (4GB of GDDR6)
According to the leaked specs, all of the GPUs will feature GDDR6 memory along with slightly enhanced clock speeds compared to their "standard" counterparts and will ship by March 2020.
AMD is expected to have an upper hand with respect to pricing, and potentially with power efficiency with its 7nm Navi mobile processors, so this move was no doubt expected from NVIDIA. The first notebooks with the Radeon RX 5500M started shipping late last month, but we don't have any idea at the moment when its RX 5700M and RX 5300M counterparts will start shipping.
As for NVIDIA, it's quite possible that we may see the company talk about these new mobile GPUs at CES 2020, which is fast approaching in early January.